Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend of Progress on the KISS Car

So this weekend I was pretty productive on the car. To accommodate the new ideas I've had, I ended up chopping off some of the features I initially welded on, including the front end and the roll cage. I completed the linked steering mechanism on Saturday which was pretty fun to figure out, and today I made the rear wheel mounts and the rear roll cage/push bar. The brake calipers I bought from the Recyclery in San Rafael don't fit the wheel rims (should've checked this out beforehand) so I think I'll find some BMX calipers at a shop or on eBay. As for the "skin" of the car I'll walk over to the fabric warehouse on Mission St. and see if they have some pink vinyl, or something equally shiny for the tongue. The structure for the tongue moves up and down pretty nicely, so once the tongue covering is put on, the tongue lashing effect will look pretty damn sweet.


No comments: